Allow 2.5 hours to make the 100 mile journey from Glasgow along one of the most scenic routes in the world.
• From Glasgow ... Take the A82 out of Glasgow to Loch Lomond & Tarbet.
• From Glasgow International Airport take the M8 towards the Erskine Bridge. Cross the bridge and pick up to A82 to Loch Lomond & Tarbet.
• In Tarbet turn left onto the A83 to Arrochar & Inveraray.
• In Inveraray take the A83 towards Campbeltown.
• Drive through Lochgilphead & continue on the A83 in the direction of Campbeltown.
• About 2 miles after Ardrishaig, turn sharp right onto the single track B8024 to Kilberry.
Follow this road for 14 miles. After about 13 miles you’ll see Crear’s red roof in the distance on your left & you’ll pass a ruin on your right.
Caisealrag Cottage is the next building on your left hand side with a blue roof. Turn left into the driveway.
Continue for Crear House which is the left hand turn after you pass Cretshengan Farm. Please note you cannot see Crear House from the bottom of the driveway.
Places to visit along the way
Please note that the nearest petrol station to Crear is in Lochgilphead, on the righthand side as you approach the town from Inveraray. Please be aware of deer on the road at both dusk and dawn.
Please do not rely on modern gismos & gadgets. The post code for Crear will not work with your SAT NAV & mobile coverage is rubbish.